By Valentin Garcia
Joomla allows you to display articles in many different orders. For example, you can automatically order your content based on popularity, publication date, alphabetical order and other criteria.
You can also manually set the order of articles by changing their position in the Article manager.
In this tutorial, I'm going to show you how to manually change the order of your articles.
Step #1. The Blog menu item type
- Go to Menus > Your menu > Your blog menu item.
- In order to manually control the order, make sure the menu item type is Articles > Category blog.
- Go to Blog Layout tab > Article order, choose "Article order":
Step #2. Order the articles
- Go to Content > Articles.
- Click "Search tools"
- Filter by category, in this case "Videos"
Now you can see the list of articles from that specific category.
- Click on the left side, on the small icon shown in the image below:
- Drag and drop individual articles to set a custom ordering.
Tip: if you have a long list of articles to order, drag and drop a few of them, then refresh the page to continue ordering.
Step #3. Test the end result
Go to your public site and confirm the article order is correct.
Valentín creates beautiful designs from amongst the tequila plants of Jalisco, Mexico. You can see Valentín's design work all over this site and you can often find him helping members in our support forum.