Hot Fusion Yoga
YA & NETA Certified 20-Hour Advanced Yoga Studies and
Continuing Education Yoga Teacher Training
16 Contact and 4 Non-Contact Hours
March 11- 13, 2016
Hot Fusion Yoga Is a Powerful, Life-Changing Practice
Yoga is known to restore vitality, heal, and help prevent a range of common chronic aliments. Add heat to the environment, and along with the sweat, breath, and the development of a foundation in the asanas, you find the elixir of life within yourself.
The Essence of Hot Fusion Yoga
Hot Fusion Yoga captures the essence of the traditional 26 poses of a Hot Yoga class. The asanas are linked together by connective momentum, a flow that embodies power and strength. Set to a slow tempo, breath and postures are cued to a consistent rhythm throughout the class. Heat aids the stretching process while challenging the focus of the mind, enhancing the transformational experience of yoga. When you combine the standard poses and flow with heat, you get one of the most dynamic, life-changing forms of physical and spiritual fitness.
Green Lotus Has a Unique Approach to Hot Fusion Teacher Training
Our 20-hour Hot Fusion yoga teacher training allows students to delve deeply into the practice during one intensive weekend. The cornerstone of the Green Lotus approach is to study the practice not only by reading and through engaging lectures, but also by participating in multiple practices so the principles of anatomy and philosophy can be felt in students' own bodies and minds. Teachers will learn how to narrate the progression of the postures and use active cues to communicate to their students how to move deeper in the posture. Students will also have ample opportunities to practice teaching in small groups or to the class as a whole.
Hot Fusion Yoga Training at Green Lotus Is Designed Specifically for Two Audiences:
- Yoga teachers who have completed RYT-200 training and are seeking to teach Hot Fusion Yoga and/or to earn continuing education credits with Yoga Alliance. Upon successful completion of Green Lotus' Hot Fusion Yoga Training, teachers will have earned 16 contact hours and 4 non-contact hours that can be applied to continuing education requirements as established by Yoga Alliance and be prepared to begin teaching or assisting in teaching Hot Fusion Yoga. For teachers interested in advancing their training, this training applies to our 500-hour advanced teacher training program which can be done one module at a time, in your own time.
- Yoga students who want to advance and deepen their personal Hot Yoga practice or become familiar with this particular style of yoga physically and energetically.
Rachael Huyck, E-RYT 200
Rachael started practicing yoga over 20 years ago, as a way to bring balance to her body, after years of competitive athletics, and also to address anxiety, naturally. In 2010, she began attending heated yoga classes, which helped her heal from a serious back injury. In 2011, Rachael completed a 200-hour Hot Fusion yoga teacher training, and then she earned another certification, in Vinyasa yoga, in 2013.
Rachael has over 23 years of teaching experience, and since 2011, has added yoga instruction to her passion for teaching. Rachael brings her professional expertise in mental health, and combines it with her yoga knowledge, as a powerful way to heal, grow, discover, overcome, and transform. Rachael is passionate about walking alongside students on their life journey, as well as giving them the foundation for a safe practice, with special attention on correct alignment, lots of focus on core strength, and connection to breath. Rachael has experience teaching yoga students of all ages and body types, from beginners to advanced practitioners, pregnant students, students in recovery, those coping with mental illness, or dealing with injury - and she honors each yogi’s reason to be on their mat.
For Rachael, yoga brings joy, through the fun and challenge of the physical practice, healing and calm to the physical and emotional self, while the breath and focus allow a meditative discipline for the mind, and a deepening of her faith. Yoga provides a balance to her other roles as social worker, mother, and spouse. Off the mat, she loves adventure, great food, reading, hiking, kayaking, and a new passion, yoga on the stand up paddle board.
Required Books and Materials
Students will be required to read the following:
- Journey Into Power by Baron Baptiste
- Hot Yoga by Marilyn Barnett
- Please bring a notebook or journal to capture notes, questions, and observations.
Optional but highly recommended:
- Bikram's Beginning Yoga Class by Bikram Choudhury
- DVD from Paul Grilley: Anatomy for Yoga
Hot Fusion Training will be held at our Mendota Center.
- Friday: 6 - 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:45 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
To view a map and directions to our locations click here. No make-up sessions will be available. If students cannot attend for the entire weekend schedule, they will be able to complete the requirements the next time the training is held.